Saturday, December 11, 2004

Sometimes...

Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't Forget Tonite Eva:

1.jerri savin me from myself at 11:30 pm:
DOCLOVE03: i can't believe you'd pass up bilal.... for some chump school shit"
2.lolly keepin me company on the phone while i waited in line at bb kings on a cold night(only to find out 30mins later I coulda just walked in)
3.takin in a whole show all by myself and still rockin out
4.bilal openin up to a Fela cut and i being the only one who knew what it was just from the first drum hit
5.meetin kenny garrett in the crowd and hearin jaguar wright live
6.bilal playin the keyboard with one hand. with one foot firmly planted on keys.singing his nutts off...musiq and jaquar singing back up...
7.him forgettin the words to 'sometimes' cuz the crowd went ballisitic and outsang him
8.musiq spoiling the mood and no one respondin to his stupid prompt
9.bilal's new songs

10.all for $1

sometime around 4am...2 hours past when i shoulda been home...

...i made my way back uptown...

to study microeconomics.

hottt.

i know


the man on the corner made a nice kebab sandwich for $4
2 steps later, starbucks had me shelling out $4 for water and a yogurt...i hate starbucks
.... waited 30mins on the A ...reading 'memoirs of a geisha'...listening to some scraggly boy tryin to pick up 1 of 4 fourteen year old girsl out at 4am: "...so are yall not available... period? or not available to ME? "........"comeon...one of yall has GOT to be available!"


sometimes....

u know....


i love new york.