Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bandwagons & Frick-Frack

Foofie (my frick) has a photoblog: www.foofie.shutterchance.com
I'm tempted to climb on the bandwagon too...(although i don't think i need yet another creative outlet)... cuz she makes it look so fab and fun...and u know i like to be in on fab & fun. These days you cant miss her...she lugs a rather attractive, recently acquired professoional camera around her neck and when she's not taking beautiful stills and the such...she's prepared to capture you looking "candid"....which is my codeword for "brokedown"...lol.... watch out

and across the ocean... Keke (my frack), or shall i say Isis, has her very own radio show! It's on Wednesday nights on Rhythm 93.7 ....in Nigeria that is....lol...
still...check it out if you ever happen to get the chance...

I, on the other hand...have busied myself with not jumping on yet another bandwagon....(erm...that would be the WorldCup). I had to respect myself after Tobi pretty much disrespected me for jumping on certain sport bandwagons when its time for the "big games". According to the boy...to be respected as a true fan of any sport....one has to be in the mix from jump. No yannin and carrying on....calling boys to talk to them about scores...when, in fact, you're just seeking attention....(i hope u get the sense of the kind of disrespect i sustained...)...just when the "big games" are on...because constant dialogue, observation, and monitoring are needed year round in order to be taken serious by any true sports fan.

IN either case and all the lecturing from a 15 year-old aside, I'm still semi on the WC wagon and as can be expected...have placed all my money on Brazil...go Ronaldinho! By the way....walking around the City this weekend....would leave one thinking that New York has the largest Brazilian population....from LES to Midtown to Harlem....one more Ronaldinho jersey and I would have wondered if I was even still in America. Sheesh!

but yes....where was i?

ah yes....not jumping on the bandwagon....only semi-ly... still watching closely....lets just hope there's no freak show incident a la the 2006 Final Four which was only the biggest sporting debacle of the whole entire year....

*sigh*

Ok... i'm rambling....back to the office work I brought home...please see time of posting below... (we'll discuss this issue later) ...