Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thankful...

Song of the day: Kelis "bossy"

These past few days have been like a slow moving movie with subtitles in a language i don't understand.... its frustrating....really. watchin a slow movie and you still can't figure out what the hell is going on. ok...really....what is going on?!

Nettie's memorial was beautiful....it made me truly believe that I have to live my life in a way that not only brings light into other people's lives (otherwise why am i here?) but also savors every drop of it. It also allowed me to truly appreciate all of my great friends (i really love my friends) who reached out and who i knew were solid shoulders i could lean on. Fuu...who stayed with me for two nights and just let me melt into a snotty, bewildered, and highly volatile puddle. My linesisters....who BLEW up my phone cuz they were a lil more than worried...knowin how i "get".....my family who just sat on the phone and let me go on and on spewing the disjointed thoughts in my head.....and all my other friends who hovered in the distance....always there(joy....monica...kadi...keke...abi(even from stanky london ure super!)....D...doug...nick...nee nee) ...thanks

Bon Jovi's "living on a prayer" is my theme song of the moment...my finals can just kiss my black ass.

so yea, I'm out of New York....mentally now...physically in a few (i'll miss it..but i'll be back a weekend a month or more out of necessity so i don't even feel like i'm really leaving) . The experience has been one hell of a ride. I think i found all those random pent up tears from '82-'04. i also had some of the wildest and most memorable moments mucho gracias to: Nee nee (my guardian angel from the tre-fo'...), my fulltime boyfriends Doug & Nick(honestly, they were my babysitters out here)...the Wagner peeps (nay (my secret asian lova), rach(girl, finance was a B but look at us now!), scottie too hottie(asian lova #2), ver(i have a spot in cali...), steph(asian lova #3)...), Jay & Nettie (three sexxy ass black chicks on a mission to find where fun lives), my big Delta sisters (aubria...ngozi)...

I met people that showed me that humans can be so damned good & beautiful...and people that showed me that humans can be....well.... so damned wrong & ugly. I grew up a hell of a lot and wanted to crawl back into the womb no less than 56 times. however, i'm pleased to report that i also developed selective amnesia in order to deal with some of the not so appetizing memories. yay for selective amnesia...

like, for instance, right now...i'm not supposed to be blogging. I'm supposed to be doing something else. like maybe studying for my final. but i don't remember how to study. so i'm blogging. selective amnesia.

i know...brilliant.