Monday, July 17, 2006

Random...

Song of the day: Amel Larrieux "Weary" ("...whomever said love is over-rated must not be gettin' none....")


...you know you spend too much time at work when you get on the elevator at home and press the button for your office floor....

but the extra hours must have paid off cuz i just earned an extra paid day off....woo hooo....

....in other news (& I may be late coming to this realization 'cuz i don't watch much tv)...but it seems BET (which....i'm hard pressed to say I know anyone who still watches...) has a new offspring..."BET J" which plays soul music and jazz most of the day. pretty impressive...

word on the street is that the new female CEO, Debra Lee is doin big things....

For one, she ripped Tigga & that irritant Julissa or whatever her name is...off the air....and yanked "Uncut" like it stole somethin'(admit it, you watched that trash at least once during an all nighter in...*ahem*....college) .

to all of this, I say...always make way for a black woman with an agenda....

....*sigh*

in the meantime, 'cuse me while i eat & sleep.... at the same time....

[In Heavy Rotation: Amel Larrieux's "Morning" album]:

From "Weary"....

This woman is growing weary
Of having to be so strong
Of having to pretend I’m made of stone
So I won’t end up with no broken bones
I can’t fight every battle alone

I want someone to lift me
Heal my wounds and give me kisses on my head
Say words that should be said
Fear is not the matter
I would so much rather open up my heart
And lay down my guard

If I could trust someone
To have my back and never do me wrong
Then I would give my love up
Just like that stop singing this soldier song ...

~i'm tellin u....amel is the truth. When next you're in a cd store....buy her "Bravebird" album....and if you're impressed, try her new "Morning" album. You'll probably thank me later...