Monday, September 18, 2006

Sade's Bday

Sade's Birthday was two weeks ago and Bukky & I, along with Sade of course... had dinner at my place. We tricked her into the whole thing....yay for surprises! But I'm a disgracefully bad liar so I just kept repeating the line which was given to me by Bukky over and over again...thinking "any minute now...she's gonna know i'm totally making this up". But she never did! Anyway, It was fun mostly 'cuz we got to eat........alot. Mostly we ate Sade's fave foods...which included, among other things, a huge pan of baked macaroni & cheese (my most recent speciality)...bbq chicken...and lol...eba & efo (sorry non-nigerian peeps...I can't really launch into this explanation at the moment)....and of course the cake. Trust me...it was a pretty gross chow down...but oh-so-good. Honestly, save for the fact that it was Sade's Bday, it pretty much could have been any other day when we sit and eat our little hearts out (we missed you Fuu!). Anyhoo...some pics:



I would also like to add that...hands down....i know more people born in september than any other month. I'm not quite sure why December appears to be the perfect time for conception......perhaps....the festive-ness? the yuletide-ness? the eggnog-ness? In either case, I have a special place for September babies 'cuz we usually get along so well. November, of course, still remains the unchallenged BEST month of the year;)